ISOMT Sports and Orthopedic Dry Needling Advanced -Level 2
Course Description: (Demonstration & Practice)
ISOMT’s Advanced Dry Needling Course is designed to take an individual with some background and experience in Dry Needling through our 6 hour course covering advanced topics in Dry Needling including, but not limited to, advanced needling techniques, advanced understanding of the short-term and long term effects of dry needling that may enhance athletic performance.
Advanced clinical reasoning in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions using needling along or as an adjunct/complimentary part of a holistic treatment approach.
A Sports orthopedic emphasis will be used. Live athlete patients will be used during demonstration and discussion.
Brief review of Basic Dry Needling concepts from Dry Needling I
- Describe the local and systemic mechanisms and effects of Dry Needling
- Review Indications and Contraindications for Dry Needling
- Review pertinent functional anatomy including muscles, skeleton, vascular system, lung fields using palpation and bony landmarks.
- Using real athlete patients we will demonstrate and practice Advanced Dry Needling Techniques including pistoning, spinning, electrical stimulation applied to one or more needles simultaneously, needling the facial region for TMJ, headaches, and Bell’s Palsy.
- Advanced Clinical reasoning pertaining to the application of Dry Needling during the history and examination and treatment of a patient.
- Describe clinical applications for Advanced Dry Needling in sports & orthopedic patients
- Extrapolate the evidence to any potential Dry Needling patient.